[WikiEN-l] SHOWCASING Abuses of Admin Power

A. Nony Mouse temoforcomments4 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 2 15:14:28 UTC 2005

Oh give me a fucking break and stop lying.

"If you construct your messages with meaning and civility,
they will be readily accepted onto the mailing list, regardless of
what you are arguing. This moderation is to maintain respectful
conversation on the mailing list, not to censor your views."

Been there. Seen that. Once you have "moderated" someone, they're never
heard from again. It doesn't matter if they send a one-line "I agree with
user X" email, it NEVER fucking makes it through moderation.

This is ALL about censorship. You do it solely to ensure that dissent is
never heard, the exact same thing you did to Marmot for dissenting about the
way Admins cover up each other's crimes.

I'll freely admit that YOU could construe what I said as personal attacks.
You know what? They were also the truth. Just as what I'm saying NOW is the
truth, but you'll try to ban me for it anyways.

That's why I'm anonymous. Because I don't trust 90% of this list's
membership not to go hunting through the Wikipedia userbase trying to find
my account and block it out of spite.

Civility will be had when you start behaving civilly yourselves. The way you
have treated Yoder, the way you have treated Marmot, and the way you treated
Kurita77 were anything BUT civil.

Oh wait, I forgot. Policy only fucking matters when there's an admin
wielding it. And heaven forbid that a user point out when the Admins are
acting like a bunch of power-mad thugs, or even come to this list with a
good-faith request to get their account back.

"I may be forced to make mailing list subscriptions by
approval only, which would have the effect of hindering community
participation in the mailing list. As I'm sure you appreciate how
undesirable an outcome that would be, I'm sure you will respect my
requests."

You've already destroyed community participation on the mailing list, so I
don't see how I could do any more damage than you've already done. Like I
just said, you'll get my respect back when you stop acting like a bunch of
power-mad thugs and start acting like Wikipedians again.

A.Nony Mouse