[WikiEN-l] Game-playing on Wikipedia

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 14:44:22 UTC 2005

On 7/2/05, David 'DJ' Hedley <spyders at btinternet.com> wrote:

> I think some Wikigames can be ok, but a Wikicity may be needed. That said,
> they do little harm to Wikipedia, as long as there aren't too many.

The key words being "as long as there aren't too many." If they're not
cut short now they'll continue to grow until they are harming
wikipedia. They're already creating disharmony between the
"pro-gamers" and the the "anti-gamers". IMO a wikicity especially for
wikigames would give the people who like these games a place of their
own without having to bother about people wanting to delete the game
pages.

If I was into the games, I'd take Jimbo up on the offer and start
migrating right now.

--Mgm