[WikiEN-l] Personal attacks and low EQs

Nathan J. Yoder njyoder at energon.org
Sat Jul 2 14:32:32 UTC 2005

> "You are a hypocrite" is a personal attack. "You seem to apply a
> lenient standard to yourself and a strict standard to others" is a
> description of behavior, particularly if you cite examples.

Those mean the exact same thing!  You just gave the definition of a
hypocrite.  You're making a meaningless distinction here and I
seriously doubt you follow your own logic.  Are you saying you've
never called someone a troll or accused them of using sock puppets?
Can you honestly say that you've been using a very long-winded,
politically correct version of a troll accusation?

And I do give examples, but you seem to keep ignoring that repeatedly
because it suits you to ignore it.

You REALLY do not have the authority to make an arbitrary distinction
like that as it's outlined in *zero* policies.

>  There are
> several policies which do require you to be Mr. Nice Guy in addition
> to general exhortations about Wikiipedia:Wikilove: Wikipedia:No
> personal attacks and Wikipedia:Civility.

...such as?  Give an example if you're going to make a claim.  Oh
wait, you can't give examples when you're *wrong* :-/

> All the
> rest of Wikipedia is open to you including all the policy
> discussions.

Wrong, users who are well-liked and admins/arbitrators are not subject
to this rule.  David Gerard himself, under that silly logic,
personally attacked me in my very own injunction against personal
attacks.  Who held him responsible?

>  You are subject to a personal attack parole for one
> year. Just don't do it. You are by no means done here.

The only possible way for me to do it would be to either not
contribute or just not call people out on bad behavior, since you guys
obviously are not enforcing on personal attacks, but rather content
and arguments you don't like..

Nathan J. Yoder
http://www.gummibears.nu/
http://www.gummibears.nu/files/njyoder_pgp.key