[WikiEN-l] [Fwd: Not Able to Contact Help Desk]

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Fri Jul 1 19:03:52 UTC 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Not Able to Contact Help Desk
Date: 	Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:17:12 EDT
From: 	FamilyPTSDNet at aol.com
To: 	jwales at wikia.com, board at wikimedia.org

Hello,
    I'm writing to you because I had no other way of letting your
organization know about the problem I'm experiencing with your website.
    I tried to set up a new account and received a message back that
this site was unavailable.  I read the articles in your help section and
could not find an answer to this question.
    I saw a section on complaints about problems that need fixing and
found a message there that said;
> Ask your questions at the bottom. Please place resolved articles on
Wikipedia: General complaints (resolved)
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:General_complaints_%28resolved%29>>
However, there was no form at the bottom or contact link for me to ask
my question.  I really like your work and would like to become more
involved but feel shut out.
    If you can assist me with this I'd greatly appreciate it and I think
others would find it a less frustrating experience as well when trying
to set up a new account.
    Thank you very much,
    Anita Cape, Moderator of the Board
    Family Trauma Survivors' Network, Inc.