[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia is *already* written from a scientific POV

Haukur Þorgeirsson haukurth at hi.is
Fri Jul 1 17:39:04 UTC 2005

> For example, I think mention of Creationism is perfectly appropriate
> for the article on [[Earth]]. Should it be the first mention?  No.

I wouldn't oppose such an addition. The article
already contains some information on mythology.

My main point is that Wikipedia says thinks like:

"The planet formed around 4.57 billion (4.57×10^9) years ago and shortly
thereafter acquired its single natural satellite, the Moon."

Wikipedia could never say things like:

"The planet was created around 10.000 years ago
along with the Moon and the rest of the universe."

While we can certainly describe the second view it
is clearly something we'd have to attribute. The
scientific facts can be stated in Wikipedia's own
voice. This is a huge difference.

Regards,
Haukur