[WikiEN-l] Re: (fwd) bishonen exercises abuse of admin power

Nathan J. Yoder njyoder at energon.org
Fri Jul 1 11:19:14 UTC 2005

> This is specifically left up to the discretion of the blocking
> administrator, and you were specifically warned against wikilawyering
> on this issue, so I'm afraid you won't be getting much sympathy from
> me.

That still doesn't answer my question and doesn't address how unjust
the issue is.  A rule that allows an admin to ban for some undefined
thing is inherently unjust.  You might as well make a policy that says
"you're not allowed to be a floobit" and then leave it up to the
discretion of the admin to define what a floobit is.

Your entire argument here is just "you knew it was up to the admin,
therefore you are wrong."  That's just plain absurd and is incredibly
ridiculous.  "Well you knew it was illegal to speak out against the
government under the 'bad things are illegal' law which doesn't define
bad things, so it's your fault for going to jail."

SHouldn't a requirement of being an arbitrator be that they are able
to defend their actions without resorting to "because we say so"
logic?

Nathan J. Yoder
http://www.gummibears.nu/
http://www.gummibears.nu/files/njyoder_pgp.key