[WikiEN-l] Article on Wikipedia in the Saturday National Post

Stephen Forrest stephen.forrest at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 06:59:38 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:39:56 +0600, Arno M <redgum46 at lycos.com> wrote:
> I don't know if it is the same as this one, but you can read this without
> a subscription:
>
> http://www.thetyee.ca/MediaCheck/current/JourFutureWikipedia.htm

Er, that's not the same: that one's four months old, and it's not from
Canwest Global.

I must say I'm somewhat surprised at the relative lack of coverage
Wikipedia has gotten in Canadian media.  However, it's cited regularly
as source material by CBC (Canada's national news service) online
edition, and seems to have gotten some isolated mention in
Radio-Canada (CBC's French-language equivalent).  I would guess that
the other major papers will feel compelled to say something now that
the Post has featured it fairly prominently.

Steve