[WikiEN-l] article length: =<32Kb?

Viajero viajero at quilombo.nl
Sun Feb 27 12:52:35 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Perhaps I have been out of the loop on this development, but when I
started contributing to WP, limiting article length to 32Kb was
considered an important consideration. Lately, though, I've been
encountering articles considerably longer. Yesterday, I wanted to
refactor some material in one to tighten it up and another user
objected, saying that [[George W. Bush]] was 72Kb in length. Has the
32Kb threshold effectively been abandoned?

FWIW, I thought the 32Kb limit served as a useful stylistic constraint,
as it encouraged a a measure concision in unwieldy topics. I am going to
take a look at the Bush article in a moment to see what I think of such
a long article.

V.