[WikiEN-l] Don't push POV into the Wikipedia software and policies

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 17:10:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:20:01 -0000 (GMT), Tony Sidaway
> I've said already that I think this is something only the Board can
> decide.  Either we stay the way we are--and no amount of filtering and
> whatnot will disguise the fact that the operation of our existing content
> policy fails to censor content in a manner which would make the whole of
> Wikipedia acceptable to the general public--or the Board imposes content
> restrictions.

I disagree. The Board should not control the content. Unless the
content is actually illegal, then it is up to the community to decide
whether it is included or not, and up to the community whether we
accept whatever filtering methods the developers might create.

Angela

(This email is just my opinion, not necessarily that of the Wikimedia
Foundation.)