[WikiEN-l] Re: blocking policy over personal attacks

Nicholas Knight nknight at runawaynet.com
Tue Feb 22 16:42:44 UTC 2005

Theresa Knott wrote:
> Unfortunately for them, they have revealed thier IP address. If they
> come back after the 23rd I suggest we block the IP as well as whatever
> the latest sockpuppet is for a long period (a month say)
>
> A reverse DNS gives 216-55-149-21.dedicated.abac.net.

The "dedicated" bit made me think this is probably a static address and
thus maybe some information could be found on its owner, so I googled
it. It looks like a system at this address is serving as an exit node
for an anonymizing network. This makes it virtually certain he'll be
able to easily show up again with an entirely different IP coming from
an entirely different ISP. It also makes it virtually impossible to say
for certain whether it's anyone we know at this point.