[WikiEN-l] NPOV writing about extreme right-wing topics

Chip Berlet c.berlet at publiceye.org
Tue Feb 22 15:23:32 UTC 2005

Hi,

As someone who has studied, written about, and opposed the political right for over 20 years, I may surprise some by saying that I correspond with a wide range of intellectuals on the political right who are quite able to understand the concept of an NPOV encyclopedia article--and this ranges from the Christian Right out to neonazis (not the same thing, thanks).

Bad manners in editing have no political, class, gender, race or any other boundaries.  Jerks are jerks.  It is the behavior we need to sanction, not the ideas.

Ironically, I write this although if you search the web you will find many articles by rightwingers saying that I do not hold these pluralistic civil society beliefs. They do not do their homework and cannot rise abouve their bias. Those that do homework, strive for NPOV, and have good collaborative manners make good editors.

Chip Berlet