[WikiEN-l] WikiEN-L needs dailing posting limits

Viajero viajero at quilombo.nl
Tue Feb 22 12:52:34 UTC 2005

Hi all,

This list *urgently* needs to adopt daily posting limits. A certain user
(you know who you are) recently posted some THIRTY times in 24 hours to
the list on the topic of "One reason why Wikipedia is not presently
classroom-safe", with some postings only two minutes apart. This is a
great discourtesy to other subscribers to this list. I realize topics
such as explicit photos are contentious and will not be solved without
long discussion, but threads like the above-mentioned where a couple of
users are responsible for like messages in 24 hours make it exceedingly
difficult for the rest of us to follow the discussion. I would like to
know what various people think about these topics but I don't want to
have to scroll through two hundred messages to find out.

Another busy list I subscribe to has a daily posting limit of three
messages per subscriber. Go above that, you get put on moderation
(messages get routed first to the listmaster). WikiEN-L urgently needs
something similar.

V.