[WikiEN-l] Desysoping

Deathphoenix originaldeathphoenix at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 02:43:21 UTC 2005

Rick wrote:

>So you think it's appropriate to have a User name with
>88 in it (coded for "Heil Hitler") and to post a photo
>allegedly of themself in a Nazi uniform?
>
>RickK

Although in this cases, it is clearly Nazi in nature (with the edits and
photos to prove it), we should watch out before immediate judging other
cases. Some people use 8s in their username (including 88) because it is
the Chinese for good luck or fortune, and that the Buddhists use the
reverse swastika! I saw a guy parked in a car with a rear-view mirror
decoration adorned with what could easily be interpreted as a swastika.A
friend of mine uses "88" in his username, but is Chinese. In fact, this
mailing list is the first time I heard of the HH thing.

Cheers,

DPh