[WikiEN-l] Logic is logic, that's all I say...

dpbsmith at verizon.net dpbsmith at verizon.net
Tue Feb 22 02:39:12 UTC 2005

> From: Richard Holton <richholton at gmail.com>
>
> Would we allow a photo of a
> Ku-Klux-Klan member wearing obvious identification of membership on
> their home page?  I think that we probably should.   -Rich Holton

NOTE: WIKIPEDIAN IN-JOKING AHEAD. NOT REALLY A SERIOUS COMMENT.

Recently, a user requested that someone post the text of a properly
VfDed article in Votes for Undeletion, for "viewing." A sysop did so.
The user promptly re-created the article in his user space.

It was promptly speedy-deleted on the grounds that it was re-creation
of a VfDed article.

So... deliberately mixing up two unrelated contexts, and indulging
myself in the hobgoblin of little minds:

Premise 1: a user's self-portrait in KKK regalia would be acceptable in
one's user space

Premise 2: a re-creation of a VfDed article is not acceptable in one's
user space.

Inference: To deal with self-portraits in KKK regalia, post the user's
page as an article, so it will be promptly VfDed as vanity, thereby
making it legitimately speedy-deletable from the user's page.

Daniel P. B. Smith, dpbsmith at verizon.net
"Elinor Goulding Smith's Great Big Messy Book" is now back in print!
Sample chapter at http://world.std.com/~dpbsmith/messy.html
Buy it at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1403314063/