[WikiEN-l] From Wikipedia-l--translations

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Mon Feb 21 21:49:52 UTC 2005

>From Wikipedia-l.

My top-of-the-head translations, hope this isn't a duplicate.

Mark Williamson said:
> "Für die Menschheit" - Anon

For mankind.

> "Wikipedia ist eines der coolsten Projekte im Netz... ohne wäre ich
> wohl ab und an arg verloren. Rock on" - Sumedha Widyadharma

One of the coolest projects on the net.  Sometimes I'd be completely lost
without it.  Rock on!

> "In deze tijd een hoopvol initiatief" - Paul Hefting

A hopeful initiative in these times.

> "Für Wissen und Freiheit" - Ralf Muno

For knowledge and freedom

> "Diese Wissensdatenbank ist es wert." - Maximillian Winkler

This knowledge data bank is worth it.

> "Super Projekt wenn ich mehr habe dann auch mehr Spende" - Anon

Super project.  And when I have more I will give more.

> "Wissen muss frei verfügbar bleiben!" - Detlev Mahnert

Knowledge must stay freely available!

> "Ánimo, gracias por hacer que avance la civilización / Toda gran
> cultura tiene su enciclopedia" - Anon

Spirit (?) thanks for doing something to advance the civilization.  All
great cultures have their encyclopedia.
> "Dankie vir 'n uitstekende diens." - David Roux

(guessing, I don't know much Dutch and I don't know any online translation
systems) Thanks for an outstanding service.
> "Dan Holmlund's mom is a butter balloon." -- ???

Untranslatable.