[WikiEN-l] Don't push POV into the Wikipedia software and policies

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Mon Feb 21 21:32:11 UTC 2005

Richard Holton said:
> Proposal:
>
> Implement a new user preference that allow the user the option to
> filter image display based on category.
>
> Without entering into the technical feasibility or developer
> priorities, does anyone have an objection in principle to having such a
> feature? Why?

I think we've already considered this and it's getting thumbs up from a
wide range of people.  I see problems but there are workarounds.
I think the interface will suck compared to the browser-based filtering I
already use but apparently I'm the only person on this list with extensive
experience of day-to-day content filtering, and it's possible that my way
of using the web is vastly different from the way most people do.