[WikiEN-l] When goals conflict: There is no "right" for everyone to edit Wikipedia

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 17:15:10 UTC 2005

> helpful to attract contributors from a wide variety of viewpoints -- the
> diversity is healthy and helps us maintain neutrality. I posit that Wikipedia
> would be better off with a well-behaved, NPOV-writing Neo-Nazi than without;
> could such an individual exist?

The hardest thing with Wikipedia is to realize that two editors with
diametrically opposite views both still are humans, and still can be
reasonable people. Denying that your opponent is also human is a grave
error and leads to lots of bad things happening in the world.

For an example of a well-behaved, NPOV-writing nazi (albeit a convert)
see Spandau: The Secret Diaries by Albert Speer.

--
mvh Björn