[WikiEN-l] Isn't there a policy against libel on this list??

zero 0000 nought_0000 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 14:01:36 UTC 2005

RK wrote:
> Zero 0000 _again_ defended Nazi hatespeech and harassment,
> and called for its acceptance on Wikipedia.
and various other vintage-RK lies and insults.

As anyone can check by looking at the block log, I was actually
the first sysop to block the Nazi user NSM88.  I was also the
first to bring the issue to the attention of this list.

For the record, I blocked NSM88 because it was a new account
which had only made edits like changing "Many empires and
rulers have sought to liquidate the Jews" to "Many empires and
rulers were forced to liquidate the Jews".  I don't believe that
merely identifying as someone who holds obnoxious beliefs
is sufficient cause for a ban, but I thought he was crossing
the line by pushing those beliefs into articles in such a
blatant manner.  I'm conflicted on where the boundary is;
that's why I initiated this discussion.

Zero.