[WikiEN-l] One reason why Wikipedia is not presently classroom-safe

Nicholas Knight nknight at runawaynet.com
Mon Feb 21 08:20:14 UTC 2005

Nicholas Knight wrote:

>>> You've still yet to elaborate on how.
>>

>> Indeed.  I don't want to see this thread hijacked into a browser war.
>

> How can a browser war be triggered by you showing that Firefox has a
> capability you have repeatedly claimed it does?

Perhaps you are under the impression I am attacking Firefox. I am not. I
use Firefox exclusively and love it, and recommend it to everyone. This
is not about AnyBrowser v. AnyOtherBrowser, this is about you explicitly
claiming a certain browser has features that I can't find as an excuse
to not use server-based filtering on Wikipedia. You need to show that
the features exist if you're going to use their existance as a basis for
your argument, because others don't see them.