[WikiEN-l] Desysoping

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Mon Feb 21 02:26:17 UTC 2005

Zoney wrote:

>Seemingly though, you find it unacceptable for me to have the view
>that some views are unacceptable. Evidently there are limits to what
>views even you can accept.

I accept that you have that view, but I oppose your acting on it.  That
is, you can think as your personal opinion that Nazis really should be
blocked on site, and that's your prerogative, but I oppose you actually
taking action to do so.  That seems consistent with the position the
"free speech" side has been taking.  You can think whatever you want,
even if I strongly disagree with it, but when you start putting it into
practice then I may well oppose you.

Similarly, nobody is arguing that Nazis have a right to turn [[Jew]]
into a propaganda piece; to engage in endless revert wars; or to do any
of the other things against general Wikipedia policies.  If they try to
do so, they'll be banned for that, just like any other POV-pusher would
be; there's no need to have special policies explicitly for Nazis, when
the problems they pose are exactly those any other POV pusher poses.

-Mark