[WikiEN-l] One reason why Wikipedia is not presently class-roomsafe

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sun Feb 20 15:49:33 UTC 2005

Tony Sidaway wrote

> I only have a broad idea of what The Sopranos might be about (a comic
> drama about family of thugs and gangsters?)

No, dark rather than comic.  I gave up on it, since the conceit was really
Godfather-style gang boss in modern New Jersey, sees shrink but every now
and then whacks people anyway.  Violent and coarse, and I thought amoral
(which is not the general opinion).

>and I have a vague idea that
> Sex in the City might have been some kind of heterosexual equivalent of
> Queer as Folk.

Recreational sex , shallow successful women in New York, very uninhibited
chat when everyone gets together for brunch (even less of this to convince
it's not for me),

> Would it be fair to say they're more likely to be fans of The Office than
> The Archers, or is that completely off your point?

Yes, in the sense that 'edgy' is taken to be good.

Charles