[WikiEN-l] Great article!

Sj 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 04:56:48 UTC 2005

Oooh, aahhhhh.  I like it!    EasyTimeline is a pretty useful little plugin.
That Erik Zachte really knows where his towel is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Timeline_Classical_Composers_Famous
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/EasyTimeline.

Thanks for lightening the mood... though I feel compelled to point out
that our multimedia and "hey, cool!" offerings still pale in
comparison to those of Encarta and BO.

SJ

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:31:43 -0500, Mark Pellegrini
<mapellegrini at comcast.net> wrote:
> While I hate to interrupt the usual bickering,  recriminations, and
> complaining
> that I've come to expect from this mailing list, I just wanted to point out
> this little
> gem:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_music
>
> It's the current Collaboration of the Week and, if the trend continues, will
> probably be a featured
> article soon enough.
>
> The reason I single this particular article out is because I think this
> article *really* highlights
> how good Wikipedia can be. I really do like the clickable graph of the
> lifespans of
> major classical composers (in other words, you click on the name and you go
> to that composer's
> article). It also has almost a dozen full length songs (Many of them put
> there by Raulbot in last
> week's classical music grab-and-dump binge)
>
> Britannica, eat your heart out.
>
> --Mark (Raul654)

+sj+