[WikiEN-l] Desysoping

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Feb 20 03:01:37 UTC 2005

Rick wrote:

>--- Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
>

>>Rick wrote:
>>

>>>So you think it's appropriate to have a User name with
>>>

>>>88 in it (coded for "Heil Hitler") and to post a photo
>>>

>>>allegedly of themself in a Nazi uniform?
>>>

>>Of course.  There are plenty of people here who hold
>>beliefs that many other people find abhorrent.
>>
>>-Mark
>>

>So if I created a Username of [[User:KillAllTheJews]]
>it would be accpetable to you?

There's a big difference between an overtly racist name and one which
uses a code that the majority will never recognize as such.  "Heil
Hitler" may very well be mapped into "88", but the reverse is not true.
Should the hypothetical [[User:Piano88]] be immediately condemned for
being a Nazi.  We can't hold the number system hostage in that way.

Ec