[WikiEN-l] Desysoping

Theresa Knott theresaknott at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 19:39:59 UTC 2005

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 13:07:02 -0600, Jack Lutz <jack-lutz at comcast.net> wrote:
> I think TBSDY should be desysoped for blocking a user (NSM88) with
> a justification of "Nazi. Literally", i.e. blocking for a user's political
> views.

If TBSDY had reblocked, after NSM88 had been unblocked then you might
have a point. We can't IMO go around desysopping someone because they
made one decision which we disagree with. If we did that we would have
no admins left! Everyone is entitled to make a mistake now and then,
even admins. A pattern of such blockings would be a different matter.
Dispute resolution requires that the first step should be talk. There
was plenty of talk  on WP:AN/I  at the time.

Theresa