[WikiEN-l] Desysoping

Theresa Knott theresaknott at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 10:52:40 UTC 2005

You want TBSDY desysopped because he  blocked SS-88 after he said this:

"You consider the right side of the fence to be on the side of the
haters. You call us stupid, but you should know that we have a log of
your hatred and abuse of "power" against one of our comrades. THAT WAS
STUPID! Your actions have been documented and have, so far, been
circulated to thousands of aryans who do not look kindly on your type
of hatred. You know what happens to people who ignore history.......
88 !!"

I refer you to the blocking policy:

"Blocks may be imposed in instances where threats have been made or
actions performed (including actions outside the Wikipedia site) which
expose other Wikipedia editors to political, religious or other
persecution by government, their employer or any others. In such a
case a ban for a period of time may be applied immediately by any
sysop upon discovery. "

This looks like a pretty straightforward case to me.

>of "users should not block those with whom they are currently engaged
in conflict." Does that cover personal attacks or threats? Is a sysop
permitted to declare text of a user with whom they are in conflict a
threat and summarily block them?

The reasoning behind this is so that an admin cannot use their powers
to win against an anon admin when they are in a revert war. This is
not the case here. Although it would have probably been wiser for
TBSDY to ask another admin to block SS-88 for making the above threat
I cannot see how it could have been considered an abuse of admin
powers.

Theresa