[WikiEN-l] Desysoping

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 19 10:10:14 UTC 2005

Jack Lutz wrote

>Dispute resolution against sysops is currently very, very slim. It should
be easier to lose administrator privileges--and these are privileges--than
to gain them.

Shouldn't that be resolution of disputes _with_ sysops?  AFAIK we are all
still on the same side.

 If I can rephrase the second sentence, you think that admins should be
deprived of their status by some process than is simpler than their
election - which is a community vote by logged-in folk.  Well, taking them
off the list is easy enough.  It should happen, occasionally, I agree.  It
should probably happen to any admin who no longer is generally trusted by
the community.  How is one supposed to judge that, other than another poll?
If the problem is egregious abuse of powers, that is another question, I
think.

Charles