[WikiEN-l] proxy blocked

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Fri Feb 18 15:03:57 UTC 2005

Jake Waskett said:
> The NTL proxy server 62.252.192.12 is blocked again. Could someone
> unblock?
>
> It says clearly on that IP's user page that it is a known proxy - why
> do
> admins persist in blocking anyway?

Apart from the technical fixes which are being addressed in other replies,
I'd like to ask people with experience of this whether the IP autoblock is
visible to the admin when he blocks a user.  If so then it's a good idea
to check [[User:<the autoblocked ip number>]] and [[User talk:<the
autoblocked ip number>]] to see if it's noted as a shared proxy, and then
lift the IP block if it is.  Not being an admin I'm not sure if is
feasible with current software and configuration on "wikien".
If someone confirms that this *is* feasible, I'll write it up as a
guideline for admins and link to it from the blocking policy (as a See
also) and from the Admin noticeboard.