[WikiEN-l] Re: Top posting

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 17 04:06:13 UTC 2005

<dpbsmith at verizon.net> wrote:

>Is it better to leave your computer on 24/7 or shut it down when you won't be using it for a while?

Don't use computers at all, you might catch a virus.

>Does the Spirit proceed from the Father or from the Father _and_ the Son?

Neither. The Spirit is a separate personage from the other two.

>Is it acceptible to split an infinitive?

By its nature, infinity is impossible to split.

>Did Neil Armstrong say "That's one small step for man" or "That's one small step for _a_ man?"

Since the moon's gravity is much weaker than Earth's, his steps there
weren't particularly small.

>Do you see a greater portion of your face in the mirror on a compact when you hold it further a way from you?

It depends whether you're looking on the driver's side or the
passenger's side, which is slightly convex and therefore carries the
familiar warning "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear". (If
you're not American and don't understand what I'm going on about, see
[[compact]].)

>Should toilet paper be installed so the loose end hangs toward you or away from you?

Use a bidet instead.

>Will a tray of ice cubes freeze faster if you fill it with cold water or hot water?

Neither. It won't freeze at all until you put it in the freezer.

>There, _that_ should clog up this list for a day or so.

I'm afraid not, but it was more entertaining than the other discussions
going on.

--Michael Snow