[WikiEN-l] Model of decorum: the zero-revert rule

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Feb 16 19:46:01 UTC 2005

I had this rewarding interchange with Professor Rubenstein:

Also, thank you for your explanation on Cultural Relativism -- now I see
that it was a misunderstanding and I am sorry I was curt. I responded to
you on the talk page and hope you will continue the conversation,
Slrubenstein </wiki/User:Slrubenstein>  | Talk
</wiki/User_talk:Slrubenstein>  22:53, 15 Feb 2005 (UTC)
Steve had reverted one of my edits. (You know what a rarity that is, for
ME to get reverted; oh, the pain, the pain, as Dr. Smith used to say.)
My first impulse was to revert him right back, after all, I get up to
reverts per 24 hours, may as well use up my quota, eh?

But a sudden thought seized me: why not refuse to revert at all? Check
it out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Cultural_relativism#Deletion_by_SLR

Instead of making an enemy, I solidified an old friendship. It's all
about team-building, folks.

Uncle Ed