[WikiEN-l] Re: Autofellatio - NO to that image

Christopher Mahan chris_mahan at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 17:58:33 UTC 2005

--- Rebecca <misfitgirl at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I think it's perfectly reasonable to want to read about a sexual
> or
> > otherwise explicit subject without seeing explicit images of it.
> I am
> > quite interested to know what exactly autofellatio is, if it
> really is
> > possible and what proportion of the population are able - but I'm
> really
> > not interested in seeing an image of it.  And if I am, I'll turn
> of
> > safe-search on google and search for images there.
> >
> > The argument that I can turn off images on my browser seems a bad
> one to
> > me - for a start, many people don't know how to do this (never
> > underestimate the non-techyness of the general user).  It's also
> > inconvenient to have to switch images on and off for different
> pages
> > (especially as I use tabs).  And for the general reader, why
> would they
> > /expect/ to have to turn images off when reading a general
> encyclopaedia?
> >
> > --sannse
>
> Thank you, sannse.
>
> Really, I think we could do with some intervention from Jimbo on
> this
> issue.  I'm a rabid leftie, and one reason I chose to study law was
> because I detest censorship. Yet, at the same time, I utterly
> refuse
> to have to put vile censorship software on my own computer to avoid
> seeing inline what shouldn't be there in the first place. I could
> really care less about some of the more minor ones, such as
> [[Clitoris]], but I'm on record as saying that the day [[Goatse]]
> and
> similar articles receive according pictures is the day that I leave
> Wikipedia and demand that every trace of my involvement on this
> site
> be removed. I love this site, but I would no longer want to be
> personally associated with such a place.
>
> -- ambi

Calm down ambi. You of all people should not get upset about all
this, since this is your field of professional study.

Besides you home page, you may not demand that all traces of your
involvment be removed. You willfully released your contributions in
the GNU Free Documentation License. It's out of your hands. You
should have thought about that before contributing. (It's at the
bottom of every edit page, and you are a law student after all).

Stomping you foot may work in a bar with cute guys. Most of use are
neither cute or in a bar.

=====
Chris Mahan
818.943.1850 cell