[WikiEN-l] Re: The Censorship Lie

Jim Trodel trodel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 17:45:53 UTC 2005

I don't see how technical reasons should drive the decision then if
the proposed compromise is reasonable - why not just let it stand that
way until the finer controls become available.

The accusation that those that feel such an image should not be inline
in the article are trying to create "bowdlerpedia" is just too much -
and is just as out of line as if I had accused those wanting to keep
the image in of trying to create pornopedia.

Discussing and deciding where the line should be is what will make
wikipedia a generally acceptable and accessible encylopdia.

Most encyclopedia's include images or topics that some may object to
but that is the nature of an encyclopedia but they will accept that is
the trade off with something that tries to cover everything. However,
at the very least - this autofellation images, and the goats image
should be out, and maybe other things should be out too.

The argument that nothing should be out will IMHO result in such bad
publicity that our mission will be frustrated.

Jim

Jim (trodel at gmail.com) [[User:Trodel]]