[WikiEN-l] The Censorship Lie

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Wed Feb 16 17:38:35 UTC 2005

geni wrote:

>>If some information is missing, then people will wonder what else is
>>missing. And that will lead to mistrust. And to be a mistrusted
>>encyclopedia is worse than reformatting the hard drives.
>>

>What information is lost if we don't include the image?

Well, the information the image provides would be lost, I suppose.
However, generally people aren't suggesting we don't include the images
at all, but merely include them as links, so it would seem to be
impossible for any information to be lost---exactly the same information
will be present, just navigable in a different manner.  Sort of like how
old-style books that had figure plates instead of inline figures (due to
the printing methods used) did not have less information, merely
information in a different order.

-Mark