top posting (was Re: [WikiEN-l] Re: new user)

Theresa Knott theresaknott at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 07:52:27 UTC 2005

> I hope that all list participants see that I asked a simple question and I
> received a very damaging accusation from this user.

Your simple question comes up on mailing lists regularly. It usually
sparks a huge pointless debate about the relative merits of top verses
bottom posting. Sometimes the debate gets ugly because outlook express
top posts and there are implications that OE users are thick and
therefore can be taken the piss out of or called rude. This usually
upsets them and much merriment is had ;-|

It's clear now that you asked your question without knowing this. The
Epopt was simply trying to stop the debate from occurring.

<mrs merton> Lets have a heated debate

macs - overpriced, chunk of rubbish made for idiots  or stylish sleek
machine that prefers working to crashing?

microsoft - are they really all that bad?

What's the best operating system and are all the rest a load of crap?

</mrsmerton>

Note to the Epopt: Can II have a better troll sign? The one you did
for NSK was a bit crap. Also google uses a proportional font so can
you do it in Helvetica?