[WikiEN-l] dates

NSK nsk2 at wikinerds.org
Tue Feb 15 18:42:29 UTC 2005

In the Drupal development mailing list there is a discussion about date
formats. Somebody suggested the ISO YYYY-MM-DD (or YYYY/MM/DD) format and
most developers seem to like the idea. For example, it was proposed that
2005/11/27 is much better than 27/11/2005.

Although I personally use dates like DD/Feb/YYYY (i.e. the month being a name
not a number) on my site, and I believe this format is better, I would like
to introduce this argumentation (with the French meaning of the word) here.

Please tell me what date format do you consider "official policy" in Wikipedia
and why? What is the most culturally neutral format?

--
NSK
http://portal.wikinerds.org