[WikiEN-l] Whitespace in articles

Tomer Chachamu the.r3m0t at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 17:18:07 UTC 2005

Can anybody explain policy on whitespace? Specifically:

1) On lists (* and #) should there be spaces after those stars and hashes?
2) In headings (===Text===) should there be spaces, as in "=== Text ==="?
3) Should there be blank lines before/after these headings?
4) Should there be blank lines at the end of articles, i.e. before and
after interwiki links and category inclusions? This often causes an
(IMO) unsightly amount of blank space at the end of an article.
5) When and why were interwiki and category links moved to one a line?

I seem to have done a lot of contributions related to whitespace
recently (see http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&target=R3m0t
and previous pages) and I'm wondering whether I am indeed making
correct changes.

Thanks, Tomer Chachamu