[WikiEN-l] Re: Writing about sexual topics responsibly is not censorship

Christiaan Briggs christiaan at last-straw.net
Tue Feb 15 10:22:06 UTC 2005

On 15 Feb 2005, at 10:18 am, Nicholas Knight wrote:

> Christiaan Briggs wrote:

>>> 1) You could see the image by clicking a clearly marked link.
>> Yes and I find it impolite that someone has forced me to do that.
>
> You're not the least bit glad someone had the courtesy to consider
> that you might not want to see the image, and gave you a choice?

I don't see how I could be glad at the same time as been offended. I
understand your position, I'm just asking you to understand mine.

>>> 2) We're deciding what it is best to present people with _by
>>> default_.
>> Which is why I'm suggesting we create a technical solution tailored
>> to individuals/institutions rather than a blanket policy which will
>> offend each side of this debate equally.
>
> Which I have no problem with, but we have no solution implemented.

Logic follows that we then create a solution, which, as far as I know,
we're capable of doing.

Christiaan