[WikiEN-l] Re: Writing about sexual topics responsibly is not censorship

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Tue Feb 15 02:32:51 UTC 2005

Tony Sidaway (minorityreport at bluebottle.com) [050215 12:04]:

> Yes, we must get it right.  But there are no intrinsically unpleasant
> images, just ones that are useful in an article and ones that are not.
> I've already explained why I think autofellatio is an excellent case of an
> article that needs a photographic illustration.  We should be able to
> display that illustration without apologising, and it really would help if
> people would learn how to operate their web browsers.

One reason it needs a photograph, as opposed to a line drawing, is to
demonstrate at a glance that it's actually possible!

Expecting people to learn how to use their web browsers is possibly asking
a bit much - almost 90% still use Internet Explorer (though less on
Wikipedia). A preference to disable all images *is currently in the works*.

- d.