[WikiEN-l] Re: Writing about sexual topics responsibly is not censorship

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Tue Feb 15 00:59:25 UTC 2005

Tony Sidaway wrote:

>It really doesn't take long to click a "show me pictures" button, agree
>not to blame Wikipedia if you see something you find unpleasant, and then
>get on with your life.  And it isn't as if our editors need to see
>pictures in order to edit the pages.

It doesn't, but I'm not worried about people suing us or blaming us, but
Wikipedia being a crappy encyclopedia.  Having no images would make it a
crappy encyclopedia.  Having so many unpleasant images sprinkled through
it that every article on medical procedures or disasters or accidents or
anything else potentially related is completely unreadable also would
make it a crappy encyclopedia.

If you really must see an autofellatio picture, it doesn't take very
long to click on the link.

-Mark