[WikiEN-l] Re: RK welcome

sannse sannse at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Feb 14 11:57:48 UTC 2005

slimvirgin at gmail.com wrote:
> Rick, the autoblocker does that when a page is viewed, not only when
> an attempt is made to edit.
>
> Sarah

I can confirm this - I  blocked myself to check it a couple of days ago.
   Several different actions triggered the autoblock - including viewing
the block log (which we direct blocked users to on the block message)
and logging in (which RK could have done, quite validly, to look at his
watchlist). I think that some page views did too - I suspect it varies
depending how the specific page view is dealt with.

This is a bug, not evidence that RK tried to avoid his ban.

--sannse