[WikiEN-l] Responsible handling of sexual topics

Arno M redgum46 at lycos.com
Mon Feb 14 07:02:34 UTC 2005

"Tony Sidaway wrote:
> Nicholas Knight said:
>
>>No, it's an objection to shoving explicit and disgusting images in what
>> is supposed to be an encyclopedia for the purpose of trying to force
>>the  world to somehow "de-prudify" itself.
>

> Who has advanced this argument for including the picture?

No one. If you'll look back at the exact sequence of the conversation,
you'll understand where this came from. It's predicated on images like
the autofelleto one becoming accepted parts of Wikipedia, and is not
specific to the photograph in question."

------

I share Nicholas'es concerns here. It is , in my firm opinion, very
unfortunate that links to porno sites (eg that autosolo one) have
become standard practice here. We do not need porno pictures becoming
standard practice.