[WikiEN-l] Re: RK welcome

Charles Podles charles.podles at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 06:18:46 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:06:11 -0800, Nicholas Knight
<nknight at runawaynet.com> wrote:
> Rick wrote:
> > The Block log showing his attempts at re-editing every day is my facts.
>
> Please provide the date and time for some of these attempts. I don't see
> any.

These won't be in the block log. The IP block list
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/special:Ipblocklist) records when an IP
is blocked because it was used by a blocked username, but these blocks
only last 24 hours and don't stay in the list for long. If RK tried to
edit while his account was blocked, these would show up in the IP
block list, but they would be gone from it shortly afterwards. If he
tried to edit, well, we needn't assume nefariousness: it could just
mean that he followed a red link or has "edit pages on double-click"
turned on; I know that switching that option on leads to the
occasional accidental edit.

--
Charles Podles