[WikiEN-l] Re: Autofellatio - NO to that image

Lothar Kimmeringer wikipedia at kimmeringer.de
Sun Feb 13 22:38:41 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 09:30:00 +0600, Arno M wrote:

> I'd like to put my reply to sannse's e-mail here.
>
> That autofellatio image should go - and go immediately.
>
> People have the right to go through this wikipedia without being confronted
> with this kind of pornographic material without warning.

I wonder how somebody might be shocked to see a picture like that
after looking for [[Autofellatio]] explicitly. Especially I wonder
how you can't be warned if you specifically look for this kind of
word in an encyclopaedia.
In difference to a printed encyclopaedia you have to go to that
page actively instead of see it when just look from one page to
the other.

Why don't you ask for the removal of the pictures on [[Penis]],
there you even can see monstrosities like the penis of an elephant?

Or [[vagina]], or [[breast]], or [[Autocunnilingus]],
or [[Anal masturbation]]

> It's like you going down a street and having some idiot expose himself
> to you without warning.

Wikipedia never exposed itself to me. I always had to enter an URL
into the browser or click onto a link.

> Would you like that?

Spywarelike behavior? No. But Wikipedia does not behave that way.

> How about your kids?

What would happen with kids that see the picture on [[Autofellatio]].
The boys would try it out, the girls not.

> Would you like them to see this kind of thing without warning or supervision?

Internet is not a place for children without supervision anyway, so
what's your point?

> I see nothing here inconsistent with freedom of expression. This kind of
> exhibitionist behaviour is anarchy, NOT freedom.

Anarchism: [...] These philosophies use anarchy to mean a society based
           on voluntary cooperation of free individuals. [...]

Try to find out where I was getting this definition from ...

> Oh, and for the record and at the risk of raising the hackles of certain
> wikipedians, I also remain very opposed to links to pornographic sites
> within wikipedia. Autofellatio also has this, as do certain other pages.

The first link in the article should be removed, that's true.

> This tells minors where to go looking for such material and again, that's
> not on.

Sorry, but the minors already know the best sites already. They don't
need Wikipedia for that.

Regards, Lothar
Lothar Kimmeringer                E-Mail: spamfang at kimmeringer.de

                 questions!