[WikiEN-l] [[Talk:Autofellatio]] - Poll

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 21:54:30 UTC 2005

There seem to be way to much heat in this debate. So far people are
focusing solely on three courses of action while forgetting all the
rest. Here are some of my ideas:

1. Erik's idea - label it as sexually explicit and then people can
turn the family filter on and off.
2. Edit the image so that the glands of the penis (or the whole penis)
is blurred.
3. Show the image smaller. I guess the smaller it is showed the less
"in your face" it feels.

IMHO, the position of those that wants the image linked or deleted is
rediculous. There are hundreds of images on Wikipedia that are "much
wore" and there would be thousands of more if it wasn't so hard to
find images suitable for the GFDL. I.e. ever seen an image of what a
smokers lung look like? It's shown to elementary school children and
are in many countries put on packs of cigarettes. I fully expect to
see such an image when I go to the article [[Lung cancer]]. I also
fully expect to see an image of a human brain when I visit [[Brain]]
and I fully expect that those images will shock me much more than the
innocent image of the autofellating man.

I totally accept that some images are to gross for Wikipedia to show.
Like the rumoured goatsex one. But removing images because some
Wikipedia editors think it is porn is unacceptable.

--
mvh Björn