[WikiEN-l] Re: Goodbye

Pete/Pcb21 pete_pcb21_wpmail at pcbartlett.com
Sun Feb 13 18:14:36 UTC 2005

Rick wrote:

> Jimbo has made it clear that my presence in Wikipedia is not wanted. [...]

How cool it must to get such a ringing endorsement of ones controversial
editing style from the founder of the project. How typical of Rick,
bless 'im, to interpret it in such a peculiarly negative way.

For what its worth, I believe the action-hero analogy is wrong, and too
kind to Rick.

See for example the thread just up the page from this one called
"Blocked ISP Proxy". The action hero equivalent of blocking a proxy to
ban one vandal is blowing up a bus full of innocents just to get to the
one bad guy. Hardly something Keanu or Bruce would ever do?

Pete