[WikiEN-l] More thoughts on the 3-revert rule

JAY JG jayjg at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 13 17:50:08 UTC 2005

>Tony Sidaway wrote:
>That there is a serious difference of opinion on what the article should
>contain, and your own opinion is probably not (yet) in the majority.  This
>should probably not be resolved by edit warring, in my opinion, because
>the scope for communication is very low.  In my experience it's easier to
>persuade people if you resort to English, and use the talk page.

It depends on how committed they are to Wikipedia policy.  If they are
committed to "NPOV" and "No original research" in particular, then these
things are usually (and even then not always) better resolved on the Talk:
pages.  But there are many editors (admittedly usually newer ones) who are
not committed to these principles, and with them Talk: is often useless.
And you'll tend to find those kinds of editors on hot-topic pages.

Jay.