[WikiEN-l] Autofellatio - NO to that image

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 07:54:36 UTC 2005

--- blankfaze <blankfaze at gmail.com> wrote:
> If Wikipedia becomes a place where information is censored, then I
> think a lot of contributors will leave.

We censor the encyclopedia fairly heavily.

Have you ever been on RC patrol? Have you ever tried to bring an article from a
POV essay to an NPOV article? I have. And when I do, I delete and revert utter
crap at a high rate. For subpar content, I censor out the crap and salvage the
good parts.

Editorial standards are very much so a form of censorship. The reason why this
is a good thing, is because Wikipedia is not a social club.

We are here to create a product. The community exists to serve that end. So
loosing some people who contribute crap to the encyclopedia is fine.

> The great thing about
> Wikipedia is that it is not paper. It can have an unlimited amount of
> articles about topics you would never see in a traditional paper
> encyclopedia, including articles like Fuck, Robot fetishism, Dildo,
> and Autofellatio.

Nobody here has arugued that we should not have articles on those subjects.

-- mav