[WikiEN-l] More thoughts on the 3-revert rule

JAY JG jayjg at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 13 06:10:37 UTC 2005

>Yes.  But why not?  Would the life of Wikipedia benefit more from an edit
>done *now* rather than, say, tomorrow?  But why?

Because Wikipedia should be a trusted encyclopedic resource of NPOV
information, not a place where any anonymous POV warrior can put obvious
bias into an article and have it stay up for days at at time, all the while
being mirrored on dozens of Wikipedia copy sites.

>If you find yourself
>reverting more than once a day (and I have), isn't that a pretty good
>indication that you're (a) editing way too much and (b) in disagreement
>with at least one other person?

a) possibly.  b) what's your point?

>I think it's four times.  Seriously, I think we should be aiming for 1RR.

Perhaps in some other ideal world or project.

Jay.