[WikiEN-l] Template madness

Zoney zoney.ie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 00:37:40 UTC 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:19:08 -0800 (PST), Daniel Mayer
<maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> No - this is just as stupid as the current templates. There *is* no talk page
> the great majority of our mirrors.
>
> More self-referential crap that I will delete on sight.
>
> -- mav

Ah yes, our delightful mirrors. Hadn't thought of that. Although it's
a disaster anyways with their snapshots grabbing all kinds of junk
from us that can't be fixed until their next general update.

Actually, I'm not convinced that's a valid objection to geni's
suggestion. There is a problem anyway if a mirror grabs a
below-average version of an article.

If only one template is used, noting a previously observed problem
(Major flaw, serious issue, below average-ness) that is surely enough
for a reader to be helped in their judgement of the article. If they
are on a mirror and can't find out what the problem is (cause of no
talk page) then tough cookie, they should have gone to Wikipedia or a
better mirror.

The point is that the current templates are often instructions to editors.

Zoney
--
~()____) This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...