[WikiEN-l] Template madness

Zoney zoney.ie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 14:40:21 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 23:23:07 +0000, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> I still think we need an apology template of some kind pointing to the
> talk page.
>
> --
> geni

I heartily agree with this suggestion. Delightfully simple. At a
single move, articles are not cluttered by notices for editors, and
the talk page can have as many templates and explanation as needed.

Why shouldn't we do this?

About the only other issue would be that maybe two or three grades of
severity of "apology" would be needed. I.E.:
*  "It has been suggested that this articles has *major flaws*, see talk page."
*  "It has been suggested that this article has /issues needed to be
resolved/, see talk page."
*  "It has been suggested that this article is /below-average/. See
talk page for issues."
*  "It has been suggested that this article may need further work. See
talk page for improvement suggestions."

Text size could be largest for the first notice and decrease - with
the last notice much smaller than the "Major flaws" one.

Zoney

--
~()____) This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...