[WikiEN-l] Re: Template madness

Pete/Pcb21 pete_pcb21_wpmail at pcbartlett.com
Thu Feb 10 22:36:09 UTC 2005

Daniel Mayer wrote:

> --- Frank Pinter <francis.pinter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Some of the templates, for example {{NPOV}}, provide as a warning to
>>the reader that "this article has problems, we are working on it" so
>>they should be kept on the page. Others, for example {{wikify}} would
>>probably be better on the talk page for clutter reasons.
>

> FYI - I've started a guerrilla template code moving campaign [...]

It probably doesn't even need to be a guerilla campaign... if you read
the relevant template_talk pages, there has never been any consensus, or
even discussion, that the article space is the right place for
meta-information.... it's usually that each template was created by one
person who agrees that most templates should be on the talk page, but
obviously not _theirs_ as it is important :) ... thus without a broad
policy none of them get moved :)

Pete